Hello again it is me, today I am going to talk about a book again. I would like to get in the mood to read the whole book. To achieve that I am going to show and share my opinion about the first two paragraphs. The book was published by Rick Falkvinge and it is about the reform of the copyright system.

Two quotes from the first paragraph which passed me to think.
“The only way to even try to limit file sharing is to remove the right to private communication.”

  • it is true it is impossible to restrict file sharing without somehow checking private messaging, but it is not obvious how we are doing that. I would show two scenarios. The first one is when a group of people are reading messages which are not that effective and another human can see our private and confidential data. The second when an algorithm checks messages and file extensions is banned from chatting, but here a malfunction algorithm can cause a lot of damage. To sum it is a very swampy surface and we need to be careful.

“If people could get access to books for free, authors would not be able to make a living, and no new books would be written.”

  • I will share two scenarios here as well, first is that the book mentioned. If writers don't get money from the customers they will stop writing so we wanted to share the opportunity to read but ultimately we stopped writing at all. My suggestion is to make books free and the government should provide money to good writers. It could be a perfect opportunity to corruption but with a well worked system it would spare reading in a wise layer of sociality.

From the second paragraph I picked some topics to discuss. I will write my opinion and I am looking forward to hearing from you. 

Free Non-Commercial Sharing I do not know what is the regulation here in Estonia but I used to live in Denmark where it is banned. So the citizens cannot use any P2P connection, mostly known torrents. I disagree with this kind of regulation because it has a lot of disadvantages. I understand it is more difficult to download movies software and such but with VPN it became very easy to play around. On the other hand make complicated simple tasks which are legal but need P2P connection.

Registration After 5 Years Here I would reduce the time because if somebody doesn’t want to be anonymous I think more than enough 1 year to say that ‘I am here and this is my work’.

Free Sampling This is a really hard topic, what would we consider as a remixes and parody? There are already many conflicts between musicians that they change the music just a bit and then they can claim it is their product. I don’t think it is a good idea.

Megjegyzések

Népszerű bejegyzések ezen a blogon